Ok, I'm going to try and make a bit of an update. I haven't prewritten this one and I'm just sitting in the internet shop writing this now.
Things are going good here in the Philippines. I've been in San Francisco for 5 weeks now. I'm getting more adjusted and a little more used to everything in the new place. Monday and Tuesday of this week the kids had semester tests. Now they are on their semester break. Wednesday through Wednesday. So we go back to school Nov 3. Wed-Fri teachers had to be at school. Wednesday I went to a journalism competition. We took 5 kids from our school. Then Thursday and Friday I hung out with the teachers at school. I did some typing and some work. And then played the rest of the time :) Yesterday afternoon Maan and I started watching a movie on my laptop. Last night I met up with Karen and stayed the night at her house last night. Today I'm going to Ibaan to Edmonds, another volunteer. His town is have a big Oktoberfest celebration. Tomorrow Karen and I are going up to Los Banyos to see Regina Renee, Phyllis, and Pam. They say it's less than a two hour bus ride. Monday I'm going with Mam Lorraine from school to San Jose. She has a house there and that's where her husband and son live. She just gets to go on the weekends and breaks. Some other teachers are supposed to come out there too. I'm staying there until Wednesday. Then Thursday a bunch of Peace Corps people are going to Manila. On Friday there is a big Peace Corps 50th Anniversary at the Mall of Asia. I'm staying there through Sunday. Then Monday the 7th all the big wigs from America PC and Philippines are coming to Karen's site and we are all going to lunch together. So I have a rather busy week ahead of me, but I'm excited about it. I'm guessing it will be a nice break for my host family too to not have to worry about taking care of me for a week.
I'm keeping myself busy! Seems like I can always find something going on! When there's nothing going on it gets rather boring out in San Francisco. Last weekend Karen came out to San Fran and stayed the night and got to see all the excitement out there.
Email me and let me know what's going on back at home! I love hearing from people! And I'll try and write back when I have internet...
No comments:
Post a Comment